Wednesday, 20 October 2021 | Login
×

Error

An error occured during data fetch from google.com: Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v3/data/ga?ids=ga%3A138150919&start-date=2017-01-15&end-date=2021-10-19&metrics=ga%3Avisits&dimensions=ga%3Ayear&start-index=1&max-results=1000: (403) Quota Error: profileId ga:138150919 has exceeded the daily request limit.
Corona Virus Corona Virus

Timor-Lester Registers First COVID-19 Case in Nearly Four Months Featured

DILI:Timor-Leste has confirmed a new coronavirus case on Tuesday, Prime Minister Taur Matan Ruak told media, the first confirmed COVID-19 case in the country in nearly four months.

The patient has been confirmed as a foreign citizen from Indonesia, who entered Timor-Leste by Citilink Air on July 22.  quarantine in Tasi Taolu.

The unidentified patient had been quarantined in Tasi Tolu and is now receiving treatment at the Vera Cruz hospital, officials said.

The case has prompted health officials to urge the public to remain vigilant, washing hands thoroughly and regularly, practicing social distancing, wearing a face mask and limiting movement.

Timor-Leste has not registered a case of COVID-19 since 24 April. The new case brings the nation’s total cases to 25.  

News of the new case has raised concerns among health specialists over the opening of borders, and sparked calls to reinstate a State of Emergency.

As of Tuesday, Indonesia has 113,134 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 1679 more cases than Monday. Some 5,302 people have died from the fast-spreading respiratory disease in Indonesia. 

Read 1339 times
Rate this item
(0 votes)