Wednesday, 20 October 2021 | Login
×

Error

An error occured during data fetch from google.com: Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v3/data/ga?ids=ga%3A138150919&start-date=2017-01-15&end-date=2021-10-19&metrics=ga%3Avisits&dimensions=ga%3Ayear&start-index=1&max-results=1000: (403) Quota Error: profileId ga:138150919 has exceeded the daily request limit.
Timor-Leste Urges Calm After Death of COVID-19 Vaccine Recipient

Timor-Leste Urges Calm After Death of COVID-19 Vaccine Recipient Featured

DILI – Timorese officials moved to calm public fears on Friday after confirming a woman in Bobonaro had died after a receiving a COVID-19 vaccine last week.

An investigation requested by Prime Minister Taur Matan Ruak is underway to determine the cause of death, President of the Council of Ministers Fiedelis Leite Magalhaes said, adding it is not clear if the woman died of pre-existing health conditions or it was linked to the vaccine.

The woman, whose age has not been confirmed, lived in Lour village, Bobonaro.

Magalhaes said the country’s vaccine campaign would continue, urging the public to continue taking vaccines.

So far Timor-Leste has administered more than 209,587 COVID-19 vaccine doses (27.8% of the population aged 18+) with no confirmed cases of serious side effects.

Prime Minister Ruak was the first in Timor-Leste to receive an AstraZeneca shot on 7 April, and has been a vocal supporter of the vaccine to stem the spread of coronavirus and its safety for use.

Timor-Leste has reported 9,278 coronavirus infections and 24 fatalities.

Read 120 times
Rate this item
(0 votes)